Monday, August 6, 2007

My Dream............2020AD



This post is inspired by my friend the genius. You know we all got dreams, and yeah, there seems to be a disparity between where we are right now, and where we wanna be....so this is just for me......a sneak peak into where the future, where I see myself in the next 13 years.........oh, and yeah please if you are a hater or think Im living in fantasy land, just close this window and do something useful.

The DREAM.......2020AD

I stir on my double king-sized bed, the hum of the samsung inspire airconditioning system thrumming in my ears. I roll around and throw one arm across my wife, an unconsious reaction......my alarm goes off......but Im too lazy to get out of bed..my wife gets up, and as she goes to the bathroom, I take a look at the figure, and thank God for making me like orobos.....:)
I go downstairs, and my kids are making noise. One of the twins is trying to play his game boy infinity, and at the same time, eat his kellogs. I put on my sternest daddy look, and tell him to stop, but he knows Im joking anyways.
My wife has a speaking engagement later that day, public speakings a hobby of hers....shes gonna drop of the kids at school, I gotta drive myself to work.
By the way....I live in Angel estate, somewhere in lekki........and my office is an hours drive away...
I hop into my aston martin (see above).........turn on the radio, and drive myself out of the driveway. I notice my neighbours staring at me with envy. If only they knew about all my mental issues with myself, and all, and how I used to be 13 years ago, maybe they might think its too steep a price to pay, for where I am now. Im gbaduing the latest naija hip hop jamz......this is by some new kid......rugged boy.........hes the son of rugged man, but hes still in school, kids got talent though. I smile as I remember Id be feeling guilty enjoing the guys jam years back.....religious brainwashing dosent cut it for me.....

I love to drive. I might have taken the subway, yeah subway....we now have one, after our new president revitalized the whole system. But well, cmon, I love my trips.
An okada man wants to cut in front of me.....I allow him to.....hes very respectful, at least now they all wear helmets, and protective clothing. Being an okada rider is actually now lucrative, and engaged in by mostly students for part-time jobs.
I pull up to my place of work, a huge skyscraper, Genesys towers ,which houses my company. We are a major IT outsourcing company in naija. We take on the dirty jobs no one else wants to take, and get paid good money. We are soon gonna announce our first IPO.....which would make yours truly a billionaire....yeah well you guessed it, I own this company. I look at myself now, and back then in 2007....didnt think Id ever have the balls to run myself, talk less of a huge company like this......
Well we make a lot of money but my wife and I put most of the money into our NGO, to provide scholarships for young people, esp women, since they are more vulnerable. We also have counselling sessions for them. Heck, we can travel anywhere in the world we want, do whatever we like, I mean , our honeymoon was in the maldives......so its only fair we give back to society.
The gateman salutes me respectfully........I shake his hand, and ask after his kids, he replies with a sort of awed look on his face.......wish they wouldnt do that...
I enter our elevator......and get to my office.My secretary informs me I got a meeting with some chinese investors.....theres some hardcore technology they wanna put in naija, and of course they need me. My wife makes sure I dont have any orobo secretaries, these are all as thin as toothpicks. She knows I havent strayed at all, but she just wants to make sure......a woman thing I suppose....
We wind up the meeting, and I have to rush to my wifes speaking engagement, if I dont show up, then its fish for dinner, and you know I hate fish....
Im in the front row watching my baby talk, I think Im more focused on how delectable her lips look, than I am on her speech, even though I corrected it with her last night. At the end, everyone claps, and she steps down and gives me this hug.....I know Im not gonna get any sleep tonight (wink wink).
We both like to live like kids at times, so during her speech, Id already told Ali, our driver, to come drive the car home, and leave my kawasaki ninja X-version. This motorcycle is like wicked...and the speed in those engines is off the hook.....
So yeah I get on the bike, and shes behind me, holding me round my waist.....the scent of her perfume wafts towards me and Im reminded that even after 3 kids, I still got testosterone flowing inside me.....We put on our bike helmets and power home......
My wife has always been a bit of a speed freak, shed take okadas back in the times.....As I power down the roads, I realize Im living my dreams, and that God has really been good to me.......

Ok dream over......back to reality and the fact that Ive got a paper to hand in...lolz. Well I will leave you with the lyrics from gabrielles song "dreams".
I believe our dreams can come true, and we can achieve whatever we wanna with God by our side. Im writing this after a particular shitty day, so you can feel me.......


Move a step closer,
You know that I want you.
I can tell by your eyes that you want me too.
Just a question of time.
I knew we'd be together.
And that you'd be mine.
I want you here forever.

Do you hear what I'm saying?
Gotta say how I feel.
I can't believe you're here.
But I know that you're real.
I know what I want.
And baby it's you.
I can't deny my feelings,
Because they are true.

Dreams can come true.
Look at me baby I'm with you.
You know you gotta have hope.
You know you've got to be strong.

Dreams can come true.
Look at me baby I'm with you.
You know you gotta have hope.
You know you've got to be strong.

I've seen you sometimes on your own and in crowds.
I knew I had to have you.
My hopes didn't let me down.
Now you're by my side.
And I feel so good.
I've nothing to hide.
Don't feel that I ever could.

Do you hear what I'm saying?
Gotta say how I feel.
I can't believe you're here.
But I know that you're real.
I know what I want.
And baby it's you.
I can't deny my feelings,
Because I know they are true.

Dreams can come true.
Look at me baby I'm with you.
You know you gotta have hope.
You know you've got to be strong.

Dreams can come true.
Look at me baby I'm with you.
You know you gotta have hope.
You know you've got to be strong.

I'm not making plans for tomorrow;
Let's live for tonight.
I know I want you baby,
So hold me so tight.
Put your arms around me.
You make me feel so safe.
Then you whisper in my ear.
That you're here to stay.

Dreams can come true.
Look at me baby I'm with you.
You know you gotta have hope.
You know you've got to be strong.

Dreams can come true.
Look at me baby I'm with you.
You know you gotta have hope.
You know you've got to be strong.

Dreams can come true.
Look at me baby I'm with you.
You know you gotta have hope.
You know you've got to be strong.

Dreams can come true.
Look at me baby I'm with you.
You know you gotta have hope.
You know you've got to be strong.

5 comments:

Femi Adeyemi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ade said...

@genius.....thanks for the spell check..and its God will come thru, not true.....got you...nyah nyah!!
Thanks for the comment though, and yeah orobo 4 lyfe!!

Femi Adeyemi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Femi Adeyemi said...

nice one
spellcheck..'meeting with chinese..hardcore...gameboy infinity'...sorry abt dis, im used to reading every line n words jump out at me...
rugged boy bi bawo...yeye...that got me laffing..

seriously, dreams do come true...God'll come true (wink wink) for us all...

u didnt have to acknowledge urs truly but u did..nice touch

keeep on rocking orobo kibo hahaha

August 6, 2007 12:29 PM

sugarlomps said...

its great to have dreams and it feels greater achieving them.
the one about u driving ur car did u rem rem naija roads(wink)