Friday, January 2, 2009

Looking back on 2009: My year of unspeakable joy.

I remember entering 2009 with a bang...I was out of the country reaping the fruits of my labor and it was wonderful. I remember feeling empty thinking of the constant state of my relationship, but I also remember it all working out through means I could not fathom. (Disclaimer...I do not always feel empty..lol).
I drew much closer to God in 2009, and I remember facing and finally burying something thats bin haunting me for ages...it was all negative...I remember looking at it and going...whew..
I rose higher at work, I began to take on new projects, and take new responsibilities. I structured my life better, and God thought me how to be happy in all circumstances and situations.
My relationship with my family entered a whole new dimension. They realized I was an adult reaching 30 and basically stopped bugging my life, and allowing me to make my own life.
This year was a year of victory. I was able to spend time and more with my girlfriend, and we bonded on so many levels, and we laid all our issues to rest, and decided to take it to the next level. I finally was able to hear the still small voice in my spirit saying 'This is it son, go for it'.
Also, I was able to add extra streams of income to my job income.....God blessed me financially, and in all areas of my life more than I Could dream off, and for the first time in ages, I could travel and do stuff without worrying about how much it would cost.
I finally was able to learn dutch...hehe...God my throat hurts bad from pronouncing 'G's ' the dutch way. I became an inspiration to many, and began reaching out, giving back to the Nigerian community, and my immediate society.
I remember looking back at this year filled with hope, and optimism for the future...growing more mature....increasing in wisdom and stature...
2009 was a wonderful year for me...my year of unspeakable joy....

To my Dad, the king of kings and lord of lords.
God, I love you so much, as I write this I have tears in my eyes.
You know I always like to form macho anyways.
Thank you God, for when I walked through the fires, you were with me.
You did not allow me to be consumed.
You led me, lord, and kept me.
You protected my sanity. You allowed me to make mistakes and learn.
Learning without any crazy cost i.e my life.
For my job, my life, relationships, I say thank you.
No one can be like you, no God exists like you.
I praise your name, Rose of Sharon, el-shaddai.
I love you for who you are, not for what you can do for me.
If things in my life do not work out, I will praise you.
For I know all things work together for my good.
I love you God...
For allowing me to see 2009, for allowing me to live this long...I praise you.
I have had people die before me lord..but you kept me by your grace.
Not because I was the holiest person in the world.
I will praise you forever, awesome God.
Let my words be an offering to you, and praise to the excellence of thy splendor.
I love you Lord..
Your son..
wavemasta

No comments: