Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Dream II 2020AD

"Sir the meeting is about to start", I glance up started out of my reverie. I watch my secretary close the door behind her. I relax in my leather swivel chair, and move around. In front of me I look at a picture frame of my wife and kids, and I ponder on how extraordinary my life is. Oh, I forgot my manners again, I am wavemasta, and I'm CEO of my own company, Genesys Solutions. We are an IT service provider, and consultancy firm, and the best in the business I might add. People used to think I was some wizard for my uncanny talent at solving real -life issues and problems, but now I'm way up in management, so I don't get to get my hands as dirty as I would like....
As the cool air from the air conditioner hits me, I cant help but look over my life....to those crazy days when I was doing my MSc, and I had so many issues, coupled with the challenge of getting an extra job, and still managing to graduate with a distinction. I also remember meeting my wife in a most unconventional way, and having to deal with so many issues inside myself, I remember feeling torn apart when she said she was leaving, and having to put myself together....I remember taking a plane to see her, and staring into her eyes for the first time, feeling lost inside her dark eyes, and not knowing what to say to her...I remember not knowing if I was doing the right thing, but only having to listen to God leading me on a path I or others had never being on before.
Yeah, I had some crazy days...I remember the day I swore never to doubt myself, and believe in myself, and see myself as Jesus made me...I remember going for an interview and acing it so well, in spite of all the doubts the devil threw at my mind...
Yeah, it just goes to show that you can get anything you want when you hold on long enough, even baba God will be like "omo leave am alone".
I remember gaining the respect of the people in the company, and rising like a star to the top of my career...I remember earning cash, and visiting my chick, and rocking town with her and my friends....yeah I remember the joy that comes with enjoying the fruits of your labour.
I remember the devil trying to take my life and steal my joy, and telling me the darkness wouldn't end. I remember him telling me I'd never be happy, and that I would always sabotage myself, and push away those things or people that really mattered to me...but look at me now....CEO of my own company, married to her, rocking my life well....I can go where I want , where I want, without any embassy's wahala.
I remember those times back then, wondering how I would cope, asking myself what I was doing in that country where people pronounce 'G' as if they were spitting from their throats....
I look back to when God told me I was unique, and that I wasn't expected to accept limits placed on me by society, religion, or anything, and that I had to break free from tradition to be who he made me... I remember feeling cool with myself writing that vision down, but the pain and agony I felt during the transformation into that person...
I remember standing up my family and them respecting me whether they liked it or not, I remember them respecting my decisions, and my stance on issues, and I remember how good I felt...
I remember how people used to ask me how I got so confident, and what I had going for me, and I'd just say na Jesus...
Ok yeah time for my meeting, gotta run now, I will talk about some other memories later.

3 comments:

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

This was a wonderful thing to read. Thanks for sharing! Welcome to blogville!

Femi Adeyemi said...

aww..amen bro!! amen!!

badderchic said...

2020 loun loun yeee! e no far again o! sheet